Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bulletin Board--September

September:
Each month I update my hallway bulletin board.  Many of my bulletin boards have been gathered from Internet searches.  Please feel free to use any the bulletin boards that I post on our blog.

This bulletin board included writing samples from the 5th through 9th grades at my school (we're a small school).  Knowing that September 11 was on it's way, I thought it might be fun to create a student "quilt" of the American flag.  The 5th-9th grade teachers gave their students a choice of prompts to respond to.  The prompts included: Heroes are..., Freedom is..., What is one word you would use to describe America? etc.  The teachers then gave the students a piece of the flag (made from construction paper) to write their responses.  Note:  I did not plan this as well as I would have liked.  The flag is missing two stripes and seven stars, but the overall effect was not lost.  A bonus was that students enjoyed reading what other students had written, and they had fun looking for their piece of the flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment